Sinister: Yaa, yaa yaa [NBSC]

Keith Watson keith at xxx.uk
Mon Feb 23 11:26:25 GMT 1998

>1 - once at the reading festival i heard a song on the p.a that
>contained the line' Pristine Christine' & NO it wasn't The Sea Urchins.
>It sounded like Julian Cope

I suspect it is indeed "Kooky" Julian Cope, cause I've unfortunately heard
his "Peggy Suicide" Double album from 1990, and Pristeen is the first song
on it, and it's actually quite good too - despite sounding rather spookily
like the House of Love - I sometimes think Julian Cope could actually be
quite good if he just stopped trying to prove to the world what a tortured
and weird genius he is and just get on with making nice songs. "Beatiful
Love" is also on this record, and it's really good.

Keith.