Sinister: Apology to Andreas

Rod Begbie rod at xxx.com
Mon Feb 23 13:34:07 GMT 1998

On Fri, 20 Feb 1998, Perfection As A Hipster wrote:

> Hmmm ... a public smear campaign, the instrument of individuals with a
> modestly structured intellect. For your understanding ... private e-mails
> are the intellectual property of the *sender*, not the recipient.
> International copyright law forbids their reprinting in any medium without
> the permission of the sender. And it's rude. The sanction as regards mailing
> lists is commonly removal.

I apologise heartily.  I did not appreciate that it was a private e-mail.
I appreciate what a majorly bad piece of netiquette this is, having
castigated people on newsgroups for it in the past.

Just for the record, when I respond to list messages using Pine, I have to
delete the author's From: (or Reply-to:) line, and replace it with
"sinister" (I usually change my own From: line at this point)  It was just
an automatic reaction when following up your post.

I hope there is no bad-blood between us, as it was not my aim to inflame.
I'm a lovely chap, really.

Rod.

                                    Rod Begbie @ http://www.begbie.com |