Sinister: Elton John

Reid Dossinger itstrue at xxx.net
Mon Feb 23 16:52:10 GMT 1998

> 4.  His music is tame and unchallenging.  Challenge?

This sounds remarkably like the "argument" that we heard in that quoted letter about
the person from Warwick who hated Belle and Sebastian.  Since when does it have to
be "challenging"?  Even more so, what's wrong with being "tame"?  All it has to be is
good.  Which I think that John & Taupin's songs most definitely are.

Good point about the "England's Rose" thing, though.  "Britain's Rose" would have fit,
and would have been at least a *bit* more appropriate.

~Reid, who in all honesty, really isn't qualified to have these opinions