Sinister: mars ain't the kind of place to raise your kids

LNDuggan at xxx.com LNDuggan at xxx.com
Mon Feb 23 21:35:51 GMT 1998

hi listies...

where did the Elton John threads come from, hey?  I assumed that Elton John
didn't even enter into our thoughts.  Too grandiose or something, not that I
don't need a good overblown rock spectacle now and again.  You know how the
original concept of MSP was to be an Amazing Rock Triumph, then an Amazing
Rock Tragedy (number one double album, then split up), and they didn't do it?
Well, I'm trying to convince some friends to give it a go with me.  Only we'll
do it for real (4 real ...er, sorry...).  The measure of our success'll be
when they have to set up suicide hotlines in various countries when we break
up, like they did when Take That split.  No real violence, though, I hope...
my little conscious couldn't take it, and next thing you know, *I'd* be on the
hotline all weepy and inconsolable...

> 3.  He has awful clothes.  That is all I reallly need to say on this
> topic because he just does, like a bad re-ocurring Eighties nightmare.

I dunno... that Donald Duck costume was pretty charming.
My friend adam says that Elton John's early stuff was pretty good, but as he
hasn't been able to produce proof of this claim yet, my belief is pending.  I
think "Rocket Man" moved me when I was young, but then so did "The Fox and the
Hound".  Still does, now that I think of it...

I'm watching "Easy Rider" for the first proper time.  Dammit, I rented this
film cause I've had a *serious* Jack Nicholson jones lately, and he hasn't
even shown up on screen yet.  I'm sure this movie merits more attention than
I'm giving it, but I'm too busy working out why boys piss against things, and
other list-type quandries.  See how captivating you all are?  ;)

Even watching it idly, I've reached the conclusion that Peter Fonda is a fox
(but in the desert, not the snow), and that I *need* a leather jacket like
his, with the american flag on the back.  How could you not swagger in a
jacket like that?  Do you reckon Elvis had one on when he came to B and S's
house for evening television...?)  It was Peter Fonda's acid-induced ramblings
that inspired "she said she said", you know.  He was wandering about, high as
the proverbial kite, muttering "I know what it's like to be dead" to anyone
who'd listen, and John Lennon heard, and he started to, um, freak out, I think
the term is.  Eh, I just don't have a grasp on this kind of lingo...  anyways,
John asked him to stop it, but he was just repeating himself over and over, so
John left, taking his disturbed little head with him, and wrote a cracking
song abt the ordeal.  I *wish* I could do that...  "tragedy into publishing",
you know?  Anyways, sorry to ramble on so, you shrewd kids probably knew all
that when I was still playing with me tinker toys...

Oh, there's my man Jack, he's in some seedy Southern jail.  Wouldn't it just
figure...

top 10 reasons to hate leeann, her posts are tame and unchallenging,
love,
leeann

"and I think it's gonna be a long long time
till touch down brings me round again to find
I'm not the man they think I am at home..."

(it's not many songs that nick david bowie and get nicked by morrissey, is
it?)