Sinister: End of aquarian age

The Ghost of Frank Muir rod at xxx.com
Mon Feb 23 16:22:16 GMT 1998

On Mon, 23 Feb 1998, Claire Timmins wrote:

> At 09:38 23/02/98 -0000, you wrote:
> >Cornershop are number 1, how cool is that!
>
>  Yippee. How did that happen? Well obviously cause the song is so good.

It's almost a complete repeat of the White Town shocker of last winter.
Mark Radcliffe picks up on a tune, it is released to minor success, it is
re-released - this time with the backing of the whole of Radio 1 (oh, and
that Fatboy Slim[1] remix) as well as being used by backing music for
various TV trailers.  Major number one hit - and probably a one-hit
wonder, knowing the fickle record-buying British public.

Oh, and it'll be completely forgotten in December when everyone's filling
in their votes for Best Single of the year. (which Modern ROck Song will
win.  natch)

>  But over on the emerald isle we don't hear the charts, unless ther is
> anyone who lives here that can find Radio one and would like to tell me
> where it is on the dial.

Go to www.dotmusic.com -- you can get them e-mailed to you BEFORE they've
been announced by the evil kiddy-fiddler Mark Goodyear.

>  Celine Dion is utter pants.

Agreed^2.

Rod.

[1] Forgot the footnote last time, but a packet of Pink Panther Wafer
Biscuits to anyone who know's what the *real* name is of this remixer.
And "Norman" it ain't.

                                    Rod Begbie @ http://www.begbie.com |