Sinister: St Julian Cope

John Jackson johnj at xxx.com
Mon Feb 23 18:26:30 GMT 1998

Keith Watson punished his keyboard by typing:

>I sometimes think Julian Cope could actually be
> quite good if he just stopped trying to prove to the world what a tortured
> and weird genius he is and just get on with making nice songs. "Beatiful
> Love" is also on this record, and it's really good.

This could have been fighting talk Keith...BUT
although Julian Cope is a LORD and GENIUS almost all of his
albums contain 70 percent brilliance and lovely songs the other
30 percent are self indulgent WANKETY WANK.

Peggy Suicide isn't one of them, all of the songs are wonderful.
The World Shut Your Mouth album is all excellent too (and doesn't
contain the song of the title. And look out for Skellington too!

JJ
xx