Sinister: Quentin

Keith Watson keith at xxx.uk
Tue Feb 24 10:28:50 GMT 1998

Was at Cornershop last night which was pretty good, although I don't think they were particularly up for it - were they pretty pissed up on Sunday, people who went in Glasgow? I assumed it was a massive hangover job - what with finding out they were at number one and stuff, but then I've never seen them before, it was good though, pity they seem to employ some sort of Radio Forth DJ chappie for the aftershow bit!

    Sorry JJ, didn't mean to offend in any way, as regards Julian Cope but a lot of Peggy Suicide reminds me of the Bevis Frond (?!), however, still like Treason and Sleeping Gas and stuff, I'm sure he's got something to offer, if someone can help him remove his head from his bottom.

    I've just got a slapping at work for listening to the Kevin Shields' mix of Primal Scream, as it roars out the earphones at 2000 Dbs. What's happened to this man, where are his own records? He's absolutely astounding and yet it's 7 years since the last one, this seems to be very individual to the 90's, taking years to make records, it was what September '91 the last MBV record, May 1990 for the La's? (Although I can't see Lee Mavers ever getting it together really). Thank God Belle and Sebastian put out records regularly.

Cheers,
    Keith.