Sinister: sweet dreams... and did you notice?

Francisco Alberto Wong faw1 at xxx.edu
Tue Feb 24 13:04:49 GMT 1998

> > So, who else on this list has a penchant for bad '80s toons?

I don't think I will ever get to see the fabled Belle and Sebastian
cartoon, but here in America on Sundays we had Davy and Goliath--a
stop-motion puppet show about a boy and his dog; it stunk.  Perhaps more
than the smurfs because it did not have a lucrative licensing deal.

btw-I liked that the Smurfs were Schlumpfs in Germany.

There were plenty of bad 80s toons: The Thing, Thundarr the Barbarian,
Super Globetrotters, Shmoo, Herculoids, Space Ghost.  My two faves were
Jem! and Kidd Video.  About rock stars.

Belle and Sebastian should have signed with Dreamworks and started work on
their own animated series about seven (or is it twenty?) rock stars
sitting idly at home playing Sega.  They should get the artist who
decorated Senor Mitchell's site to do the designs.

francisco