Sinister: Elvis/Fakers

Reid Dossinger itstrue at xxx.net
Tue Feb 24 12:47:11 GMT 1998

> Did you notice that during "Century of Elvis", you can hear the words to
> "Century of Fakers" in the background?

This has been discussed before, but it's just now that I'm getting around to adding a
comment.  Pretty obviously, Fakers was recorded before Elvis was, and when it came
time to record Elvis, they just turned the Fakers vocals down.  But, there was some
bleed (probably into other mics) and so you can still very faintly hear the Fakers
vocals.

So here's the deal: Fakers was the "original" song and Elvis was the "take-off" song.  I
like Elvis too, but I've always wondered why so many people seem to prefer Elvis to
Fakers.  Is it because it came out first?  I mean, it's really interesting and really fun and
a great story...but Fakers a much better song.  Still, I really think it just goes back to
whichever one you heard first, which would be Elvis for those people who bought the
EP's when they came out.

There.  I said it.

~Reid