Sinister: rebels without a clue

Tag mctag at xxx.com
Tue Feb 24 12:13:12 GMT 1998

Hello,

Anyway, I've just waded through 5 days worth of digests after my
little holiday.  Not much to say, a strange thread about peeing,
prompting the question - do we really want to know?  Thank God as ever
for the the master raconteur Chris Leonard, and the official poet
laureates: Genevieve and Trousers.  Speaking of Trousers, he wrote:

>Continuing on a cinematic note, I was intrigued to read the other day that,
>in a Travoltaesque career resurrection, Robert Forster has landed a role in
>the new Tarantino film, Jackie Brown. What next?

Trousers, is this really true?  I'm a little disappointed, I thought
the Robert Redford of the 80's would want to be associated with
something a bit more classy.  I saw Robert F come out into the crowd
to sing 'When people are dead' at a Go-B's show, a large circle formed
around him, no-one dared touch him, everyone just stared open-mouthed
- I can picture it now and it's a very precious moment.  Err, have I
told this story before?

>Good point about the "England's Rose" thing, though.  "Britain's Rose" would have fit,
>and would have been at least a *bit* more appropriate.

I must admit I am quite pleased that Scotland wasn't brought into the
story.  You can't help feeling sorry for poor Diana - cut down whilst
enjoying her third holiday in two months.

Leann wrote:

>where did the Elton John threads come from, hey?  I assumed that Elton John
>didn't even enter into our thoughts.

Good for you Leann.  Elton's made plenty of great stuff in the past,
and slagging him hardly makes you 'the Wild One'.  Nor does this
offering from Rod Begbie, or whatever zany pseudonym he's got today:

>>  Celine Dion is utter pants.
>
>Agreed^2.

'I hate Celine Dion', wow, how dangerous.  Do you throw tantrums when
you hear Phil Collins?  They exist - get over it.

Wacky old Rod also wrote:

> Single bloke, I don't wanna be a single bloke,
> I'm so desperate, I could do it with an artichoke

... frankly, I'm not surprised.

I have to go.  The secretary at work just invited me to 'come upstairs
and talk Scottish' to her.  Susannah should try that line.

Cheerio,

Tag xx