Sinister: I'd rather Jack, than Fleetwood Mac

Rod Begbie rod at xxx.com
Tue Feb 24 16:59:32 GMT 1998

On Mon, 23 Feb 1998, Sarah wrote:

> Hmmm. New Madonna single? Its PISH!

It's got a Stereo MCs remix, so it can't be all bad.

> thangyewverymuch. i would arse to say why but can't be. La la la. I
> wanna be adored....eh eh? I don't!

I do.  Come on.  Adore me, someone.

> I'll tell you what I really want. A house where there is food to snack
> on.

I have a flat like that.  And that's why I'm becoming such a flabby
bastard again.  I'm gonna have to start limiting myself to eating at
mealtimes, instead of just having a bag of crisps whenever i feel like it.

> Salad (the food) is evil. The band Salad...um, exist.

I used to really fancy Marjirine out of Salad when she was a VJ on MTV.
Still do a wee bit.  Their music's pretty cack, though -- Ice Cream
remains the only CD that I have found so poor that I've taken Fopp up on
their "Suck It And See" promotion.

Actually, that gives me an idea.  Edinburghers!  Does everyone fancy going
into Fopp, buying a couple of those 99p Ricky Ross albums (now marked as
"Ricky Ross Appeal -- 99p Donation"), then returning them a couple of days
later under Suck It And See?  Watch the poor people cry.

> I will go now and start a personal vendetta about everyone and
> everything maybe. well perhaps salad anyway. my stepmother is giving up
> smoking. hahaha. i gave up ages ago but she doesn't even know i used to
> smoke. heehee. ooh, i was so 'anarchisitc' at those times.

I stopped before Christmas.

I got some really good news the other night (watch out Boston, MA -- I'm
emigrating!) and considered going out and buying some alcopops.  But
instead, I thought "I know, I'll have some cigarettes to calm me down."

Smoked one, and just thought "why the fuck did I ever take this up in the
first place?"  Peer pressure, cuh!  Who kneads it?

Binned the rest of the cigs.

> So, who else on this list has a penchant for bad '80s toons?

<looks around shiftily>  Might do... who's asking?

Rod.
(off to listen to The Reynolds Girls' hit single)

                                    Rod Begbie @ http://www.begbie.com |