Sinister: Davy and Goliath (NBSC)

Nicole Elger nicolina at xxx.com
Tue Feb 24 18:38:03 GMT 1998

On Tue, 24 Feb 1998 Francisco Alberto Wong wrote:

>cartoon, but here in America on Sundays we had Davy and Goliath--a
>I don't think I will ever get to see the fabled Belle and Sebastian
>cartoon, but here in Ameri---ca on Sundays we had Davy and Goliath--a
>stop-motion puppet show about a boy and his dog; it stunk.

What!? I LOVED Davy and Goliath!!! My sister and I would wake up at 5 am
on Sunday mornings so we could watch it together. It was this
thinly-veiled religious show for children, in which Goliath the dog was
the voice of Morality. (I am imitating Goliath's voice as I write this and
I wish you all could hear it b/c it was probably the funniest part of the
show! Ha, I can still hum the theme tune too!) BTW, I think it was one of
the early claymation shows, not puppets.

So Davy would do all these bad things like taking another child's crayon
or not sharing his toys with his sister (Sally?) and Goliath would
reprimand him and explain why he ought to do the right thing. Ok, so it
sounds (and was) hokey but when you're 5 years old and have a stuffed dog
that looks JUST like Goliath, you find this sort of thing quite
stimulating. The baby photo that I am going to send to HoneyPaul (if I can
get my computer to recognize my scanner) is of me clutching my Goliath
dog, which I later lost on a bus (A BUS, hey look, there's a B&S
connection for you!!) and was never quite the same.

- Nicole

.........nicolina at drizzle.com.........

a man with his eyes shut swam upward
through dark water and came to air