Sinister: Not really very lucid

David & Katrina bluesoda at xxx.uk
Wed Feb 25 12:56:00 GMT 1998

Nick Dastoor wrote:

> An element of disharmony seemed to creep into the list
> whilst I was been away.  Just all close your eyes and dream of horses
> in the Czech Republic, the first flush of Spring and games of kick the
> can in Kew Gardens and you'll soon feel much, much better.  Another
> thing I recommend doing next time the sun is shining is starting your
> day with the session version of 'Lazy Line Painter Jane' at top
> volume, windows wide open.  The neighbours won't complain.

this should really become law, i've not wanted to write recently because
of the mood. and how long will this last, especially since no-one seems
to really want it to improve and still persist in sending blatantly off
topic posts and tired threads to the list? It is possible you know to
inflict ramblings solely on the person who inflicted them on you, you
don't _have_ to send everything to the list, there's a good 400 people
who won't want to listen to you and yeah they can press delete, but
you're wasting their time in the first place so please don't put them in
that position.
the few of you that this really applies to can reply directly back to me
if they want to flame me because of what i say, i'll gladly listen, but
again, don't make other people listen.

> They'll never storm the world with a
> 4-track demo of 'Hurley's Having Dreams' (much as I love it) but I
> think its extraordinary how they lost none of that charm, and added a
> whole lot more, when they made such a 'proper' sounding album.
> I know I'm ranting, but I think rants (nice rants anyway) have their
> place alongside biscuit/bar tomfoolery.

this may be because we forgetso often, Belle and Sebastian may be one of
the greatest bands that we've ever encountered, but they are more than
that, they're eight people who are just like us. they still have humour
and shopping. they're just human, and this is probably why i'm glad that
they don't do so much press. after a while people do run out of things
to say, and if that is the case, i'd rather they spend the time saying
it through the songs.

> Shall I stop now?

no, not when you make sense and it's all relevant.

david

--
             http://www.totalweb.co.uk/bluesoda/
               mailto:bluesoda at totalweb.co.uk