Sinister: Tigermilk

A.M. Horne amh20 at xxx.uk
Wed Feb 25 16:24:53 GMT 1998

> Absolutely.  You know how I said on the list that "Groove Is In The Heart"
> is my all-time number-one hit of all-time.  Well, the Fatboy Slim[1] remix
> is just as good.  It's pure pop for pop people.

at the risk of being very anal, does anybody else remember the furore at
the time about the fact that 'groove is in the heart' didn't officially
get to number one?

one week, apparently, it sold the same number of copies as steve miller's
dreadful 'the joker', but was kept off number one because of some
tie-break rule they had about the record which had gained the most sales
out of the two taking the higher position.

after the uproar about a superb piece of dance-pop being diddled by a
hopleless dead old no-mark, they dropped the rule, so now you can have
ties.

and that's it.

espadrille>