Sinister: French police wouldn't give me no peace...

PJMiller pjmiller at xxx.es
Wed Feb 25 16:40:43 GMT 1998

-----Original Message-----
De: Honey <honey at Majordomo.net>
Para: sinister at majordomo.net <sinister at majordomo.net>
Fecha: miƩrcoles 25 de febrero de 1998 14:44
Asunto: Re: Sinister: Pleasantness Police time...

>If people want me to piss off and mind my own business instead of
>gentle reminding of good practice to keep the list readable then I
>will, but my enthusiasm for running this list will dwindle.  Please
>let me know.  This list is special and some of us have made some
>maybe lifetime friends (sniff) and it's going to stay this way or
>die.  Being a sensitive soul I would however like some votes of
>confidence that some people still like it around here.

Have I missed something? I don't know what all this stuff is about "mood" on
the list. The only thing I've noticed is a thrilling bit of insult
swashbuckling between Tim H!O!P!kins and myself, which surely no one could
possibly take seriously, except our respective mothers, and a couple of
bizarre outbursts in defence of a couple of groups, one of which did manage
to get my dander slightly up, so I answered it and then realised it
shouldn't of been there at all and felt vaguely bad, but not much really,
because it's all done in good faith. I am still very much in love with my
extended family, even though work (!) has prevented me from spending half my
life writing e-mail messages. As for blatantly off topic threads, some of
them aren't as off topic as they seem, some are quite entertaining anyway,
and some of them are a total waste of time for some people whilst obviously
highly theraputic for others. Eighties cartoons do nothing for ME because I
was already vaguely mature by then, but I'm always first in the queue to
womble on about earlier off topic trivia, such as perverted PE teachers
calling people "big tackle" and "catfish". It makes me laugh, my day is
slightly happier due to such nonsense, and in my own opinion that makes it
slightly B&S related. But it's only an opinion. I don't know exactly what
Paul does, but I'm willing to bet he does a good job. At any rate, it seems
to me that it is a fairly thankless task, like being a youth club leader.
Paul has always behaved like a perfect gentleman to me, as have others of my
acquaintance, such as Charlotte, Keith, Mussadiq, Anne, Richard, Matt, Tag,
Christopher, even the dear departed Duke. Sorry if I left anyone out. I
salute you all and wish you well in any future ventures, should Paul decide
to pull the plug on the list. I don't think he will though, because he's as
addicted as the rest of us. And if all that wasn't enough, someone wrote in
to say they had discovered the off topic joys of Jimmy Webb, justification
enough for any amount of pointless waffle. In short, don't piss off, Paul.
Your posts are an important part of the list and I for one enjoy seeing you
struggle to hide your annoyances. You haven't done very well today, and I am
frightened of you.

>Oh and Peter I screwed up on the chat stuff I'm afraid somehow.  The
>band turned up 6pm last week - not sure they will this week without
>cajoling.  If you want, can someone mail them and plead because I'm a
>scaredy-cat.

You rotten piddly pooh!  I've been looking forward to this for week(s). It's
on my calendar and everything. I'm going to turn up anyway just in case.
Mind you, I don't know if they'll have time for a vote before then. Oh well,
I'll just have to go and change my nickname back to PeterM.
It has just come to my attention that I've written a whole screenful of
rubbish.

By the way Paul, how's your little cousin-in-law like being number one in
the hit parade? There's one called Asha, isn't there? Or Brimful? Did those
marvellously lifelike drawings, I seem to remember.

Jimmy Tarbuck crossed with Jimmy Krankie