Sinister: B&S on the radio....

Susan Errington-Wood Susan_Errington-Wood at xxx.com
Wed Feb 25 20:18:12 GMT 1998

Hello fellow sinisterians,

Just wanted to make a comment about B&S being played on the radio. If any
of you live in the Boston area, like myself, (I know Matt N. does too, as I
used to listen to his show on 'MBR) you will know that the only stations
that will play B&S are the college stations, which is the case with most
cities in the states; That is, until now.  Two weeks ago (friday the 13th.
of February) on the commercial "alternative" station, WFNX, Belle and
Sebastian was played during the day.  They played "Stars of Track and
Field" and my whole day was made by hearing it on the radio.  Now I know
that this will not be an everyday occurrence, because on the day it was
played, it was "freeform friday" at the station, meaning that the djs had
free reign on what they could play (and I had bugged all the djs for the
entire week to hear it!) but at least it was played once and will possibly
be played again because in 2 weeks there will be another "freeform friday"
and I'll be bugging the djs again to death!!  So if any listies live in
Boston or can listen to the radio over the net (WFNX broadcasts over the
net at www.wfnx.com) be sure to check in on Friday, March 13 and listen up
for belle and sebby on the radio!!

- Sue