Sinister: dandy warhols, no B&S content

la femme d'argent yu173188 at xxx.ca
Thu Feb 26 04:33:29 GMT 1998

At 10:12 PM 2/25/98 EST, ChknQQdl at aol.com wrote:
>i saw the dandy warhols open for the charlatans...they were alright i
>s'pose...that not if you were the last junkie on earth isn't really
>representative of their sound ...the girl was really cute.  but for some
>reason, she took her shirt off during the last part of the set--and continued
>her fervored po-going...bizarre!!!

hi, i just joined the list yesterday and i am not going to go through the
boring, redundant "i've been a B&S fan for such a loooong time". frankly, i
don't think it's that important. well i decided to make this the first post
to respond to. zia, the keyboardist of the dandy warhols is very eccentric
and tends to do zany stuff like taking her shirt off. i was a little
disappointed at the spiritualized show last june (?) here in toronto, that
she didn't do it. she once said she didn't take her shirt off to show her
boobs to other people, but because she herself wanted to see them. mhmm.
anyway, i just wanted to say that B&S are not that well known (perhaps that
is an understatement) in toronto. when i go to the big HMV downtown, it's
rare to even find If You Are Feeling Sinister. In fact, i think i bought
(and this was november) the last copy. but at a britpop club, they played
Sinister until "mayfly" -- where they stopped it and then  actually played
the music people would dance to. alright, sorry to bore.

--
andrea  xo
my name is isobel.

what would become of me, if i tried to escape pain?
scorn and cynicism would be my only opium;
unless i fall into some kind of conceited madness,
and fancy myself a favourite of heaven,
because i am not a favourite with men.
				-george eliot.