Sinister: Deal with it

Keith Watson keith at xxx.uk
Thu Feb 26 09:41:54 GMT 1998

>hi, i just joined the list yesterday and i am not going to go through the
>boring, redundant "i've been a B&S fan for such a loooong time". frankly, i
>don't think it's that important.

Don't worry about this, anyone coming up with this sort of stuff gets an
immediate slapping and told to "deal with it".

I've only heard one or two Dandy Warhols songs and they sound pretty much
like a load of pish to me, kind of like Jesus Jones, with that curazee
keyboard guy with his acid house clothes and jumping around. Terrible name
too, kind of "We're a bit sort of Anglo-American" oh well... another shite
band, never mind, I suppose I'll just have to... deal with it.
    Looks like Top of the P!O!P!s should be quite exciting this week, what
with Cornershop being at the top, in an unprecedented manoeuvre as the last
good British number one hit was 12 years ago, with Elaine Paige and Barbara
Dickson's "I knew him so well".
    I noticed whilst running out the house this morning to come to work on
teletext on the headlines that "Elton John has won a Granny for the Diana
song", which I thought a bit poor, who's granny did he get? Was it perhaps a
dead granny, ex-airforce pilot who they rebuilt with bionics - this would be
the most humane cause I certainly can't agree with the British music
industry stealing somebody else's Granny for private use by a pop star.

Cheers,
    Keith.

(Yes Peter, I finally plucked up the courage)