Sinister: My bip-bopping days aren't over

Tag mctag at xxx.com
Thu Feb 26 13:22:21 GMT 1998

Hellohello,

Dina wrote:

>for those of you in the washington, dc vicinity please find it in your
>heart to come down the the kaffa house (u street between 12th and
>13th) tonight to hear pam berry and i spin some viscious tunes at cold
>rice. festivities begin at 11pm, to be realistic.

So Dina, what did you play?  Did people dance?  Ink polaroids, kiss
and tell stories?  We want the gossip, we want the dirt, we want the
low down n' dirty sleaze.  Well, I do anyway.

Wicked Little Stevie Trousers wrote:

>spotting a tagmail that does not contain the words "*****", "*******" or
>"*********"

Trousers, you are a morally corrupt young man, and you exaggerate like
a fiend.  I have used two of these words only once to the best of my
knowledge.  Far better to look for a Tagmail that includes the words
'Scandinavia' or 'Northy'.  Or 'Tag' for that matter, since my rampant
egomania knows no bounds.

OK, the vaguely serious and earnest bit.  All this commotion about the
nature of the list.  Paul, David, Pedro and he who is tall said a lot
of good things, all of which I heartily endorse.  Paul mentioned
lifelong friends and I've met a whole bunch of people doing this, who
I love very dearly, and you know, you can never have too many friends.
But it worried me a bit to hear that nostalgia is the best way to
connect.  Surely not, we all have Belle and Sebastian in common,
that's the start, but hey, there's a host of reasons why we can look
forward not back.  It's great to know you can start with liking the
same music and building on that, it's how I've always made friends,
and it works more often than it fails.  And since it looks like
there's going to be little in the way of action from our boys and
girls, well, we should do it ourselves, and there's more to life than
misty eyed and whistful romanticism about bygone days.  I may be old
enough to have had children by different marriages by now (I haven't -
I'm just old enough), but I refuse to admit that the best days of my
life are over.  You may think you'll "never be young again ... but you
will".

And on that note, cheerio

Love Tag xx