Sinister: what to do

Schaffenberger kschaffe at xxx.edu
Thu Feb 26 21:20:49 GMT 1998

Dear Nickie asked for advice on the following:

> 1) Jonathan fire eater: something about lambs and wolves
> 2) a northern soul compilation (good thing about this being that i love ns
> but bad thing being that Vanessa Paradis is on it - Ms. Paradis dusn't seem
> to have a northern soul, to me, mate)
> 3) a vintage soul compilation of which there are only three left in tower,
> and which can be found nowhere else...
>
> what should i do? the jfe album is the one i'm tending towards at the
> moment has anyone got it, is it any good?
> oh dear, what a personal disaster...can anyone help?
> maybe i should just get drunk instead, or invest my money with a reputable
> pension plan....

The Jonathan Fire*Eater album isn't nearly as good as their EP Tremple
Under Boom Lights.  Wolf Songs for Lambs has its moments... but they are
just moments.  I like one song, though, about little monkeys and (I
think) having sex in parents' beds or something like that...  Thet're
selling it at Best Buy for 9.99, which isn't bad, but the EP is only
7.99, and better listening. Hope this helps a little.

-Kristen