Sinister: PE

Jeepster Recordings Ltd jeepster.uk at xxx.net
Fri Feb 27 16:45:43 GMT 1998

shelley wilkinson wrote:

> but since that was not really anywhere near the point, i shall relate my
> *proper* p.e. story. being naturally athletic, of course i have no
> traumas related to school sports ;) i do have a question though. when
> we'd have swimming our teachers would threaten us with the old
> "chemicals that turned purple in the pool etc " chestnut. was this just
> an australian" thing or is it a global lie?

seeing as no-one else has replied,it must just be an aussie thing ..
ho-hum.  bastard pe teachers though, i once tried it to see if they were
fibbing and my mind must have been so corrupted with fibs that the water
did seem a litle purplish ... how dare they mess with kids minds, isn't
that what parents are for???

speaking of parents corrupting minds, does anyone want to hear a crap
story?  <hit delete NOW if not!>  when i was little, our tv had knobs on
it that you could change the tuning with (and other's to change the
volume and channel obviously).  well, after having to put up with the
tele coming on at full volume far too many times what with my brother
and i fiddling with the knobs on it, (tag & peter, please, no innuendo
here ... thanks!), my mum and dad yelled at us and said if we play with
the knobs, then "Bill" will come and get us.  "Bill" was the voice of
the man that used to talk when the transmission for Channel 7 went down
and all you were left with was the Channel 7 logo and Bill saying
something along the lines of "sorry, there has been a problem but your
program will be up again as soon as we sort the problem out" in this
really stern deep dark and scary (for a four year old!) voice.  mum and
dad (being the fab but slightly bonkers parents they are) would pretend
that that was our punishment for fiddling with the knobs, and i clearly
remember being so bloody scared that i would hide behind the sofa,
scream "i didn't do anything, it wasn't me" at the top of my lungs and
start crying 'cos i was so petrified.

was what that saying ... "they f*** you up your mum and dad ...." ?

but now i wish to god that australia was an awful lot closer to london
than it is ... oh, well.

hope you haven't all fallen asleep, sorry.

cheers,
Katrina.