Sinister: Tune all your voices and instruments play

ELIZABETH DAPLYN EDAPLYNR3N00297 at xxx.uk
Fri Feb 27 17:01:12 GMT 1998

> Subject: 	Sinister: Come come ye sons of Art (and daughters)

Sinister Picnics: this is a fabulous idea, even if I will propbably have
to skive off college to go.  Where would the London one be held?  Where
were those ones which the David/Katrina unit used to go to?

> I think when we do have the first picnic they should occur all over
> the
> world; wherever 2 or more sinisterenes are gathered together. We could
> then arrange for Elton John (or even better - Sonia) to sing a medly
> of
> his/her hits in perhaps London and then jet off to the USA - live-aid
> style.

Definitely.  Perhaps we could get Sonia to do some B&S covers.  "You're
Just A Baby" would seem appropriate.

> I shall make some of my mother's celebrated Anzac cookies for the day.
> And bring my frisbee.

I shall bring chocolate Rice Crispie thingies and lots of sweets of the
acidic and delicious variety.  B&S picnic menu!  Let's go!

	And now for something completely different:

	"Children's" authors I still love:

		Diana Wynne Jones: real people in *kiddy* literature!
Whatever next!

		T.H. White: anyone who's read Mistress Masham's Repose
or The Sword In The Stone (not just a Disney cartoon, surprisingly) will
understand.

		Joan Aiken: Dido Twite is simply the coolest girl ever.

		Roald Dahl: he's still great, despite being dead.

	Enough rambling already.

           ByeBye,
                      Liz.
                      (edaplynr3n00297 at kiadroch.kiad.ac.uk)

Love without hope, as when the young bird-catcher
Swept off his tall hat to the Squire's own daughter,
So let the imprisoned larks escape and fly
Singing about her head, as she rode by.

                                                    Robert Graves