Sinister: Tune all your voices and instruments play

David & Katrina bluesoda at xxx.uk
Fri Feb 27 19:00:19 GMT 1998

ELIZABETH DAPLYN wrote:

> > Subject:      Sinister: Come come ye sons of Art (and daughters)
> >
> Sinister Picnics: this is a fabulous idea, even if I will propbably have
> to skive off college to go.  Where would the London one be held?  Where
> were those ones which the David/Katrina unit used to go to?

depends, primrose hill is the best location if everyone's travelling to
it, easy to find, spacious and a great feeling to look down on london.
but some of the most succesfull picnics happened behind the garage in
islington, simply because so many people were living in north london and
would make that extra effort if it were closer.

since evryone is travelling at least some distance for this, i suggest
we go to the more epic of the two, primrose hill. at least you can climb
trees there and roll down the hill. as well as just appreciate the view.

and as for the first, well how about may day?
as long as thirty people turn up it'll be a success, but please let us
know if you can come so we know whether it's worth while doing (mail me
privately).
if this works then it is a good idea, and we'll do more during the
summer.

anyone in the states want to organise one there at the same time?

> > I think when we do have the first picnic they should occur all over
> > the
> > world; wherever 2 or more sinisterenes are gathered together. We could
> > then arrange for Elton John (or even better - Sonia) to sing a medly
> > of
> > his/her hits in perhaps London and then jet off to the USA - live-aid
> > style.
> >
> Definitely.  Perhaps we could get Sonia to do some B&S covers.  "You're
> Just A Baby" would seem appropriate.

i like the world unity thing, but not the singing, unless we all decided
to sing judy and the dream of horses at exactly midday! then i'd
participate.

david

--
                 Belle and Sebastian Fan Club
     merchandise, mail-outs, chat, lyrics, poetry, fiction
               mailto:bluesoda at totalweb.co.uk