Sinister: picnics and anzacs and very little B&S

shelley wilkinson rwilkin at xxx.au
Sat Feb 28 12:35:36 GMT 1998

katrina wrote:

>umm, yeah to the simultaenous picnics ... mebbe no to the singing ...
>it'd be nice to actually set a date for this picnic thing, so if
>everyone wants to have a think and make a suggestion (either to me or
>the list), we can try to organise it ...

i'll be leaving these fair shores for england at the end of march, so
anytime after that would suit me to a t :)

>> I shall make some of my mother's celebrated Anzac cookies for the day.
>> And bring my frisbee.
>Do you have such things over here? (the ANZAC biscuits, i mean!) ... i
>thought that was just an Australian thing.
>1st non-aussie to say what ANZAC is, wins a prize! :)

then todd astounded us (well, me) quite promptly with a correct reply ..

>ANZAC - Australia New Zealand Army Corps

etc etc

>this information purloined from an ANZAC website as I, being a
>self-absorbed American, had never heard of ANZAC or the country of New
>Zealand before today.

hmmm.

>So...ummm...what do I get?

well, quite a good answer, but you forgot to mention mel gibson (and his
starring role as a fresh faced youngster in the fil-m galipolli.... )
which would have scored you an extra 20 points and a copy of an
*authentic* anzac recipe. you'll have to settle for a bushmans hat with
corks tied with string all the way around to keep away the blowies and a
delicious vat of vegemite. if i have enough gum leaves to pay the
postage i may even send you a cute kangaroo or koala too (we keep them
as pets, you know?)

hooroo cobbers!
shelley