Sinister: Telling it how it is.... (Manc gigs)

John Jackson johnj at xxx.com
Sat Jan 3 01:26:32 GMT 1998

the duke of harringay wrote a load of shite:

> you might think that if they have so much time on
> their hands they should sort out live 'problems',
> but frankly, i personally wonder why they should
> bother.  you think the band have to do everything
> to please the fans?  sod that... i'd much rather
> they pleased themselves.  they have lives you
> know, and that's what makes their songs so
> special, because they don't spend all their time
> living some wanky rock'n'roll dream... or worrying
> about doing all the things 'right' so that they
> become hugely famous... and that's a big part of
> why i love the band so much.  that they DON'T do
> all the things 'normally' and by the rock'n'roll
> rules.
>
> long may their 'incompetence' continue.
>
> keep the faith,
>
> duke

What a stupid thing to say. Yeah, I paid TWENTY TWO pounds
so they can piss about and enjoy themselves and put on a
substandard show.
Excuse me but *I* bought their fucking music and so did lots
of other people...if we hadn't then they wouldn't even be
PLAYING these fucking gigs, right? So I do expect more than
an amateur show. Saturday was rubbish, Sunday was ace. It
shouldn't have been this way. If they don't please their fans
then they won't HAVE fans, just fools like you who defend
everything they do, because "they have lives you know" and
because they "DON'T do all the things 'normally'".

goodnight
JJ