Sinister: A Bugs Bunny reference? I didn't realise

Tag mctag at xxx.com
Sat Jan 3 01:59:56 GMT 1998

#On Sat, 03 Jan 1998 01:26:32 +0000, you wrote:

>the duke of harringay wrote a load of shite:

Hahahahaha!  I love a good row

>> you might think that if they have so much time on
>> their hands they should sort out live 'problems',
>> but frankly, i personally wonder why they should
>> bother.  you think the band have to do everything
>> to please the fans?  sod that... i'd much rather
>> they pleased themselves.  they have lives you
>> know, and that's what makes their songs so
>> special, because they don't spend all their time
>> living some wanky rock'n'roll dream... or worrying
>> about doing all the things 'right' so that they
>> become hugely famous... and that's a big part of
>> why i love the band so much.  that they DON'T do
>> all the things 'normally' and by the rock'n'roll
>> rules.
>>
>What a stupid thing to say. Yeah, I paid TWENTY TWO pounds
>so they can piss about and enjoy themselves and put on a
>substandard show.

I really sincerely believe that they weren't taking the piss and that
they tried to put on the best show they could.

>Excuse me but *I* bought their fucking music and so did lots
>of other people...if we hadn't then they wouldn't even be
>PLAYING these fucking gigs, right? So I do expect more than
>an amateur show. Saturday was rubbish, Sunday was ace. It
>shouldn't have been this way. If they don't please their fans
>then they won't HAVE fans, just fools like you who defend
>everything they do, because "they have lives you know" and
>because they "DON'T do all the things 'normally'".

Now what can I say - I'm in a quandry here.  I guess I was lucky
enough to sit in one of those 'hot spots' mentioned earlier and all
thru Saturday I knew I was going to see the Sunday so I guess I'm in
no position to pontificate.  BUT I do know a lot of people who were
disappointed in Saturday's performance - I can only put it down to a
degree of naivity on the band's part, and the fact they took a risk
with the arrangement they tried.  But in their favour - at least they
*did* try to do something unconventional and it did pay off in the end
altho I doubt that's any consolation to those who went to Saturday
only.

Apparently Stephen Wells came to the matinee and stood all through
with a sneer and folded arms.  A slagging awaits.  Whose side are YOU
on?

Love Tag xx