Sinister: hello trees, hello flowers

Michael H Gilham mgilham at xxx.edu
Sat Jan 3 04:33:50 GMT 1998

On Sat, 3 Jan 1998, Tag wrote:

> Hello everyone
>
> Just been out for a quick drinky-poo with JJ and Rachee - my new
> neighbours.  Another couple of nice listees to prove my longstanding
> theory that Sinisterenes rule, like bad muthas!
>
> I dunno, nothing much to say, other than to reiterate what Alastair
> said.  No-one died and let's be honest it was unlikely.  I dunno about
> anyone else but I had the time of my life in Manchester, it wasn't
> just the gigs it was the whole experience - smashing people smashing
> end to a year.  New Year's Eve was just an anticlimax, now I'm at home
> been listening to nowt but Paul's Beat Patrol tape,'Psychcandy' (ooh
> nostalgia) and lots of Northern Soul since the weekend.
>
> Why don't we all have a big party?  I'm serious - I love you each and
> every one!

"I was having the time,
of my life,

So why did you have to die?

I'm lost again ..."
(from "LONDON, CAN YOU WAIT?" by Gene)

all concerned can be glad the above verse applies only in jest!

Cheers,
waiting for the the American Campaign,
--Michael

PS A "listee" wrote that S. Staples sounds just like the late I. Curtis
...  Is it just me, or does this strike others as way off?  I'm a long
time JD listener; and have been listening to "Sticks" since '96 (we come
across things a bit late over here, some times!).