Sinister: Missing the point

Mark mark at xxx.uk
Sat Jan 3 14:29:11 GMT 1998

Duke totally misses my point about the Manchester gigs.

I DON'T want B&S to be a polished professional act, I said that in my post.

What I do object to is corners being cut on the technical side, either
through lack of experience or the foolish belief that 'all-round
incompetance' is somehow attractive.

Maybe you'd be happy if they recorded the next LP by placing a walkman in
the corner of a big room instead of spending a few days in a 'professional'
(oh my god!..) studio and using 'professional (here we go again...)
equipment with a 'professional' engineer. And then they could release it on
cassette only without bothering to master it because they've got lives to
lead and they just do things for themselves - fuck the people who funded it
by buying the last record.

Duke, I think you'll find yourself in a minority here. Sorry mate

Mark