Sinister: Manchester Sat versus Sun

Simon Gooch simon.gooch at xxx.uk
Sun Jan 4 20:39:38 GMT 1998

Here's my half penny worth:

The Saturday was the worst B&S gig I've seen. Simple as that. Unlike
the Union Chapel it wasn't magically shambolic. The sound was shite
and they knew it (balancing trouble, monitors feeding back, boring,
I'll shut up..) and I guess the consequence of that was their pissing
about (cf Steve crashing the vocal on Photo jenny with his Xmas harmonica).

The Sunday gig was the best B&S gig I've seen. Hardly a tune missing
from my (eever expanding) list of favourites. Apart from that
Scottish session one with Stuart D reading and the near-free form
jazz flourish at the end which they played on Saturday. A new top
tune. Oh well.

The thing about B&S is, well, they may be the best abnd in the world.
But if they get above your criticism then your love is blind. And if
your love is blind you'll probably trip up (or something...)

Love from Simon

P.S. Fuck it's windy down here in London. I'd best go down the pub then...

--
               ***  Luv, hugs and kisses from Simon ***
        (aka Chipper! Fanzine aka Squirrel Fanciers' Quarterly)
                      simon.gooch at zetnet.co.uk