Sinister: and parts of ancoats where i used to play...

Andrew.Dean at xxx.NET Andrew.Dean at xxx.NET
Mon Jan 5 11:46:11 GMT 1998

that was very strange, the way they played 'matchstalk men'
on the sunday night as it had been in my head all week after
seeing Ancoats in the A-Z on saturday afternoon. actually,
i've always thought they were singing about hangcoats, those
hooks on the backs of doors. hey, i was young... (once!).
always thought it odd that someone would want to paint parts
of hangcoats. i mean, why not paint the whole thing?

yeah, sound was a bit muggy at times but, hey, it was a live
gig... and i'd rather hear isobel singing orange juice songs
over a muggy p.a. than not hear isobel singing orange juice
songs.

and don't complain about the gaps between songs because they
weren't really there (apart from the long one where the
cello died - 'that cello doesn't need a doctor it needs a
priest!'). saturdays gig was 80 minutes, sunday nights was
90 minutes and both contained 16 or so songs.

and, anyway, it seems that most of what people will remember
about the weekend happened outside the town hall. 4 or 5
miles outside in my case... was nice to meet those of you i
did and will see the rest of you next time.

and, hey, the dj on sunday played the original of 'kinky
love' by nancy sinatra (later covered wonderfully by the
pale saints) which i have been dying to hear ever since i
knew it existed so...

oh, and bumped into chris and his brother andy at manchester
station the day after and, well, it looks like chris's
passion for wearing wide bottomed trousers is genetic...
strange that he was travelling back alone - 'yeah, they're
trying to get rid of me - first they put me on a separate
stage and then they won't let me ride in the van'

and if anyone has a decent tape of the matinee show then get
in touch and i'll swap you for one of the others. i'll offer
tapes to everyone else in due course but at the moment i'm
only really interested in trades. ok?

and amanda, i have your mug and will post it when i've found
suitable packaging. you ought to thank dave for this btw as
he kept it to one side for me...

andy
not in a muddle at all, thankyou.