Sinister: pop stars love them!

blink at xxx.net blink at xxx.net
Mon Jan 5 19:31:54 GMT 1998

>Date: 5 Jan 98 11:03:39
>From: Nick Dastoor/BSHO/GB <Nick_Dastoor/BSHO/GB%BSHO at xxx.com>
>Subject: Sinister: Belle And Sebastian on the radio
>
>Two Belle moments on local radio in London last weekend.  First Mark Eitzel
was
>on Sean Hughes' GLR show picking his favourite records of the moment.  I
>somehow half-knew he was going to pick Belle & Sebastian and sure enough it
>wasn't too long before "The Fox In The Snow" piped its pretty way through my
>little clock radio speaker.  Songs are often best heard that way.  Mr Eitzel
>said someone handed him IYFS at a concert in the US and told him he had to
>listen to it.  So he did, and he didn't like it, but then he listened again
and
>now he loves it.  So: Mark Eitzel, Ian Broudie, some bloke from Travis, and
>ermm...Ben Folds.  They're taking rock aristocracy by storm.

Travis too! (Well one of) Is it Fran (such a sweet thang)? I have another
name for your list...Mat Osman from Suede....

>Date: Mon, 5 Jan 1998 17:50:55 -0000
>From: ELIZABETH DAPLYN <EDAPLYNR3N00297 at xxx.uk>
>Subject: [none]

>Secondly:
>	Blimey!  Heated debates a-go-go on t'list between those still
>umbilically-attached to their computers over Christmas or what?  I
>didn't go to ANY of the gigs, you sods(my tiny hands are frozen, orphan
>face pressed up against the glittery window of B&S gigdom), so I hope
>you feel shamed into appreciating the marvels and incompetence which you
>were fortunate enough to witness.  Toujours gai, Archie, toujours gai...

I didn't get to see the shows either, oh the dream of seeing a Belle and
Sebastian show!  None of the bands I like ever come here,and when they do
come here I can't see them anyways because all the shows are usually 19+ and
then (if i go to sneak in or just meet them) all these posh girls in
fishnets carrying roses are evil to me cause they think I'm a
groupie/teenybopper.
Anyways,I'm gonna keep sitting here and "wishin' and praying' and hopin'"
we'll get some North American tour dates (seems pretty unlikely,if they only
play a couple of shows per year)
they are very welcome to play the snowy fields in Quebec anytime....hint hint..

kiss kiss,
Genevieve