Sinister: Re: CAN WE LET THIS LIE NOW PLEASE!!!!!

plaird plaird at xxx.uk
Mon Jan 5 23:47:36 GMT 1998

Re: the gigs,
Sarah, sarah at elsato97.demon.co.uk wrote:
>And what about the people that didn't even get to them!!!
>
>aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
>what the hell is the point?

Just the question I was going to put. Loads of good points have been
scored between the warring parties, but that's just what its beginning to
feel like - point scoring. A suggestion of more professionalism (gigwise)
leads to the idea that professionalism is the province of the bland
stadium rock monster, and all sorts of 'us Vs them' comments are soon
woven into the ever-growing argumentŠ

All bollocks of course, and even more so if,like me, you weren't even
there!

And Tag sums it all up:
>I certainly won't put up with any old crap just cos it's 'them'.
>If they make a shit record, I won't buy it, if they play a bad gig,
>I'll at least think twice about seeing them again.
>They haven't disappointed me yetŠ

Nor me!!! My main fear - unjustified at the mo'- about the band
(and a way to change subject) is that they'll begin releasing dodgy
split singles (nigh on impossible to get hold of unless you are
super-obsessive or a 'Record Collector' advertiser) and import
only 7-inch accoustic twangings:
  If this sounds ludicrous just look at the likes of Stereolab or
Sebadoh, and where Arab Strap appear to be heading.

personally, I find a likable thing (one of the many) about the
band is the availability, Tigermilk aside, of the records (in the UK
anyway) and they all sound professional enough for me!

First list-post of the New Year,

The Laird of East Fountainbridge <plaird at ndirect.co.uk>

Oh, Keith W, what was that you said on Saturday at the club
about a meet up/booze up? Could you confirm anything?

"Go to work on an Egg" - THE EGG Marketing Board