Sinister: Hogmanay gig?

David & Katrina bluesoda at xxx.uk
Tue Jan 6 00:08:47 GMT 1998

timminsc wrote:

>  Shit I nearly forgot. On Hogmanay a friend of mine who works in Missing
> said that B&S were playing in the Halt bar that evening. A lot of people he
> worked with backed him up. So myself and friends squeezed our way into the
> bar and squeezed our way out again. No sign of the band but there was
> somebody playing. We didn't stay to see if the band emerged later on.
>  If anyone knows if they did play or why I would have heard  this rumour,
> please can they reply.
>  I was so excited at the prospect as I couldn't get to Manchester but it
> didn't work out anyway. sigh.

we have a friend who works in Missing, and we told her about the gig after
Stevie's girlfriend invited us. Stevie did play a short set of various tracks
in the small bar just before quarter to Midnight, included were a few covers
like The Carpenters "Top of the world". It was a lovely night with Chris,
Richard, Neil, Chris's brother amoungst others turning up to offer their
support.

so there you go, you heard it from us (2 people down the whisper line), and it
did happen.

also, Sandy Nelson (who in the Century Of Fakers video was the one who opened
the Java café) did a little guitar set of satires. It rates as the funniest
thing I've ever heard, so if you're in Glasgow and see him advertised as
playing anywhere, go see him.

david kitchen

@ the fanclub

--
                 Belle and Sebastian Fan Club
     merchandise, mail-outs, chat, lyrics, poetry, fiction
               mailto:bluesoda at totalweb.co.uk