Sinister: re: century of...

Andrew.Dean at xxx.NET Andrew.Dean at xxx.NET
Tue Jan 6 13:16:35 GMT 1998

>Just thought I'd say, if you listen very closely to
>Century of Elvis, in the bits where Stuart D is quiet you
>can hear Stuart M singing Century of Fakers.
>I only noticed for the first time last night.

well, at the gig in manchester, stuart m and isobel were
singing a modified version:

'everybody's trying to sell us
a century of elvis'

which was nice...

also, despite the fact the stuart d was reading the lyrics
from his book they were different. i think a large chunk was
missing, the bit about the mezzanine and the way karn would
talk to him, and the e-files bit...

also, paul made some amusing points about the stage layout.
what you have to remember is that there are 8 people on the
stage for most of the time so the stage has to be pretty
large to accomodate them all. glasgow qmu worked well as it
was kinda wide. edinburgh assembly rooms worked well because
it was kinda deep. oxford zodiac was neither so there was
that island with the keyboards on it (and was a shambles).
manchester was just plain weird though. yeah, doing gigs in
the round has been going on since before the globe theatre
was built. but usually the audience is around the players...
8)

(and yes, given that all the staging was brought in it could
easily have been arranged into a long, wide stage but i kind
of like the way they tried something different)

andy