Sinister: Provincial boutique Sundays

Robert Thompson rthompson at xxx.com
Wed Jan 7 17:20:53 GMT 1998

Hello boyz and gurls...

I'm a lurker, reading and listening to people discussing B&S. However,
as a Smiths fan let me say that Frankly Mr. Shankly has generally been
regarded as an attack on Geoff Travis (I think that's his name), who was
the head of Rough Trade when the Smiths were on the label. A nasty fight
had insued over contractual obligations and Morrissey took it out on him
in a song, which, ironically enough, Travis fought to have the right to
put out. Of course I'm sure there's some Billy Liar in there too....

Just a short note introducing myself. Age: 26. Country of origin:
Canada; Occupation: Journalist. Regular listens: Nick Drake, Elvis
Costello, David Bowie, Sloan, Teenage Fanclub, Lincoln.

A pleasure to make your acquaintance,

Robert

Robert