Sinister: B&S Conversion

Reid itstrue at xxx.com
Wed Jan 7 16:48:39 GMT 1998

<< She hates their
music, and doesn't understand it can hold any sort of appeal for anyone.
"Who likes this crap?" she asks?>>

Who doesn't?!  Seriously, out of all the people that I've forced to listen to Belle
and Sebastian (and I've been pretty aggressive), I haven't met one who's thought
its anything less than really good, and more than a few that understand how I feel,
and have lost their minds for B&S.

On the same topic, I just wanted to point out to anyone who's going to try to make
a B&S tape for the purposes of converting that the contents of the three EP's (minus
"...Elvis" and "On the Radio") fit PERFECTLY on one side of a 90 minute tape.  And
if you tape IYFS on the other side, you can stick "On the Radio" as a bonus track.
 And if you're REALLY feeling industrious, you can re-organize the songs from the
three EP's to make another album.  I did this for a friend of mine, and the running
order was great, if I say so myself.  I can't remember it exactly, but it began with
"Lazy Line Painter Jane" then "Le Pastie" and ended with "Century of Fakers" then
"You Made Me..."  I think I'm going to do that for my own self.

Oh, and to anyone in the UK who's wondering why Americans keep calling IYFS the album
of '97, it's 'cause it wasn't released here until last year.  As a matter of fact,
the copyright year as it's printed on the CD is '97, which I find a bit curious...

~Reid

---
"You wrote a book about yourself, the people left it on the shelf""
J. Reid Dossinger (Chapel Hill, NC)
itstrue at earthlink.net or (alternate) itstrue at mailcity.com
AUTOFAC Reviews: http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Studio/8002/

Free web-based e-mail, Forever, From anywhere!
http://www.mailcity.com