Sinister: re: small faces

Nigel Turner nigelt at xxx.net
Thu Jan 8 10:13:21 GMT 1998

>elizabeth:
>>d) I saw yon fillum Small Faces on the box the other night,
>>and a very fine piece of cinema it is too. Teenage
>>reminiscences of vicious
>>youth-gang warfare in 60's Glasgee? Yes please! Ooh, Joseph
>>Macfaydden...wash that boy and bring him to my tent.

>Small Faces is a bloody excellent film, by far and away the best film of the
year before last, well cool and is recommended to anyone who hasn't yet seen it.

I absolutely agree.  Aren't that 'Mad Malky' character and Bobby (the brother
who got stabbed) both now in Arab Strap?   (Only joking here, folks, but any
number of the gang members could pass for being in 'The Strap' (as almost
certainly no-one calls them), Mogwai, or even - dare I say it - Belle & Sebastian).

Nigel
xx