Sinister: Losing

PM - AU oc245d8aff at xxx.net
Wed Jan 7 17:08:44 GMT 1998

Andrew Hung Nguyen wrote:

> Recently my mom threatened to sell all of my CDs unless I
> cleaned them up!

What a cow! My mum regularly complains that my records (the
old fashioned vinyl ones) are cluttering up the cupboard. I
don't know what she's moaning about, there's plenty of space
in the cupboard.Once she was doing something or other with
them and found "Groovy Hate Fuck" by Pussy Galore and said
"Oooh, swearing!" and put it back again sharpish.
My dad used to tell me that I didn't want to go buying so
many records because I'd get sick of them and never play
them again. And do you know? He was right. He is also of the
opinion that one should "wait for the greatest hits to come
out."

> So I was wondering how everyone else would feel if someone
> threw away or
> sold all your CDs?

I would ask them to explain their bizarre behaviour and
rummage about in their pockets looking for the cash (if they
had sold them, if they had thrown them away I would ask
where. And become violent).

> Because I was utterly frightened!!!

I'm not surprised. Here's hoping this turns into a long
thread of mum and dad anecdotes. Get them involved in the
professional / shambolic racket debate.