Sinister: Belle & Sebastian fans in stranger than usual places

Torbjörn Thorsén torbjorn at xxx.se
Thu Jan 8 10:43:21 GMT 1998

As for the popularity of the fab seven, be on the lookout for what may come of the rather strange pairing of Belle & Sebastian and Swedish Straight Edge frontrunners Refused.

After nonstop tours in the hardcore communities all over the globe and more albums than you can shake a stick at Refused might be in for a change of pace.

It seems that Belle & Sebastian have taken over the top spot in the bands tourbus hall of fame. Beating out Bad Brains, Slayer and Earth Crisis. Dennis Lyxen - singer and all-out-fab hardcorekid resently got hold of a  tape of Belle & Sebastian faves and pursued to order all the Belle & Sebastian releses he could get hold of in Norther Sweden.

Just goes to show the depth and width of the Belle & Sebastian mayhem.

take care / Toby Thorsen