Sinister: All sorts really...

Stuart Gardiner skg21 at xxx.uk
Thu Jan 8 21:07:45 GMT 1998

Blimey! I get back for the new term, and there are 312 e-mails waiting for
me, including several surreal musings on Bill Shankly, and at least one
full scale war...

Well I'll post a separate e-mail about what I thought of the gigs in a bit
(probably after Friends has finished :-)), but a few points I felt like
answering from the last couple of weeks:

1. About all this amateurishniss at gigs. Personally I don't have a
problem with it, but in case anyone does, here's what Stevie wrote in the
press release for the 369 EP;

> Right now we are making more records and
> attempting to get better at playing gigs. I know we are a shambles, but we've
> only played about ten shows and the gaps between songs etc. are caused through
> ineptitude. We could never be deliberately contemptuous of an audience and we
> are trying to get better - HONEST!

So that's that sorted.

2. Someone mentioned that B&S could play the Royal Albert Hall. Well on
the basis that someone said a while back that B&S were only playing
Manchester Town Hall because of the architecture, I'd say it's a real
possibility. They probably couldn't sell it out yet, but in a few months
time who knows? It would suit them perfectly, I hope they do because it
would be ****ing awesome...

3. Somebody mentioned in passing the sleeve notes, and the people being
thanked on them. Well when I was looking at the IYFS sleeve agauin
recently, I noticed Monica Queen's name on there; does she appear on the
album anywhere? Or is she just a longstanding friend?

4. Donovan Lovedrake is not ginger.

5. 'Is It Wicked Not To Care' is the most beautiful song I've heard for
ages, it suits Isobel's voice perfectly.

6. I've got far enought to be excused some irrelevancy, so does anyone
know if there's a Rialto album imminent? Because their first two singles
have been magnificent...

Stuart G
The tallest man in the world, apparently...