Sinister: Other bands that get you off musically...

empyreal lazycalm at xxx.sg
Sat Jan 10 12:14:56 GMT 1998

So... I would really love to know which other bands get you *sinister*
people off...musically, that is.

My own essentials include The Bathers, Apples in Stereo, Bedhead, Blueboy,
Cocteau Twins, The Divine Comedy, Field Mice / Northern Picture Library /
Trembling Blue Stars, Frank & Walters, The Magnetic Fields, The Innocence
Mission, Low, Red House Painters, Spain, Stereolab, The Sundays,
Tindersticks, Trash Can Sinatras, Versus, Buddha on the Moon, Shift, 7%
Solution, ESP Summer, and Nick Drake (OK, he’s not a band, but I adore him).

By the way, does anyone know anything about the Pearlfishers? The review I
read from TweeKitten sounded fabulous! Classic acoustic pop?

"I want to take my pleasures where and how I will, be they disgraceful or
distasteful or distilled
 and to be frank, I find that life has more appeal
without a driver who's asleep behind the wheel
"
 -  Neil Hannon ("Don't Look Down", 1994)