Sinister: Re: sinister-digest V2 #10

David & Katrina bluesoda at xxx.uk
Sat Jan 10 18:44:00 GMT 1998

the lovely andy dean wrote:

> ok, was just doing a long overdue web site update and was
> cobbling a list of the tracks played in manchester. what i
> have follows but there are gaps (except for the sunday
> matinee which is taken from the set list nick, er, stole).
> does anyone have cononical lists for the two evening shows?
> or can someone smart and intelligent and, say, australian
> who has heard proper versions help fill in the gaps using
> the lyric snippets that i have? thanks.

umm, don't 'spose you mean me ... well, shelley hasn't heard the tracks yet, and i've forgotten all the
names of the other antipodeans on this list, so here goes ... oh, by the way, i'm actually half-and-half
... well, so say's my passports anyway ...

> saturday evening:
> Put The Book Back On The Shelf
> I Don't Love Anyone
> Century Of Fakers
> Chickfactor
> Slow Graffiti
> ??? "I dreamt..." (words spoken by Stuart D)

this is Space Boy Dream (might be Spaceboy, we didn't go over the specifics!)

> Photo Jenny
> ??? "...is this happening..."
> Get Me Away From Here, I'm Dying
> Is It Wicked Not To Care?
> ??? "He had a stroke at the age of 24..."
> Dylan In The Movies
> Arab Strap
> Rollercoaster Ride

now, one of these is Simple Things, and the other is a track that i'm pretty sure Stuart M sang, and i
have no idea of the title ... andy, can you give me more lyrics and i'll try to figure it out.  i think
the "stroke at 24" one is the one i don't know, as i don't remember those lyrics in "Simple Things" boy,
i wish i'd heard some tracks from the recording of the new lp ... won't be long though, as they're out
of the studio on Feb 3rd, and after then we may have a date for the ep & lp.

> sunday matinee:
> Seeing Other People
> Mayfly
> Beautiful
> Dirty Dream
> Fox In The Snow
> Tigermilk
> Expectations
> The Stars Of Track And Field
> Lazy Line Painter Jane
> Seymour Stein
> Simple Things
> Middle Distance Runner
> Something On My Mind*
> Arab Strap
>
> sunday evening:
> Modern Rock Song
> The State I Am In
> (Interlude: Matchstalk Men And Matchstalk Cats And Dogs)
> La Pastie De La Bourgoisie
> Seeing Other People
> Get Me Away From Here, I'm Dying
> The Loneliness Of A Middle Distance Runner
> In A Nutshell*
> ??? "I know where the summer goes..."

I Know Where The Summer, > according to Stuart's set-list

> She's Losing It
> Judy And The Dream Of Horses
> Century Of Elvis
> Seymour Stein
> Dylan In The Movies
> ??? "If you want me i'll be there..."

this is the most incredible song ever, "Simple Things"

> Sleep The Clock Around

thanks andy.  i did write down the set-list for saturday, and put who sung the tracks i didn't know, but
what with all the fuss and bother etc., i think we may have left it in the hotel room.  some holiday ...

cheers,
katrina.
--
                 Belle and Sebastian Fan Club
     merchandise, mail-outs, chat, lyrics, poetry, fiction
               mailto:bluesoda at totalweb.co.uk