Sinister: pop quiz

blink at xxx.net blink at xxx.net
Sun Jan 11 01:31:12 GMT 1998

Yeahhh,a quiz.....!!!

>Date: Sat, 10 Jan 1998 09:31:58 +0000
>From: Sarah <sarah at xxx.uk>
>Subject: Sinister: pop quiz! help me cos i wanna show off :0)
>
>aaaaaah! you have to help me people!
>i know *some* of these questions which overall just has to be the worst
>thing, but the nimbers and such like i have NO idea! so i am relying on
>Sinisterian pop experience and love to please HELP ME !!! with this pop
>quiz. yes i know it was on the SFA list but its starting to bug me!!
>
>1.  Complete the sequence...
> 8, 3, 7, ?  (4)
>2.  Complete the sequence...
> 43, N/A, ?, 22, 38   (5)
>3.  Si tu etais un ange...  Comes from which current single?  And what
>does
>it mean?  (2)
>4.  What was the UK's best-selling single of 97,
candle in the wind
 and what was Europe's?
ummm,that robert guy?

>(2)
>5.  Lauren Laverne is currently seeing which journalist?  (1)
Andrew Male
>6.  Who released an album last year named 'Ice Cream'?  (1)

salad

>7.  Name the band/track from this lyric "Idiot - Slow Down"  (1)
radiohead...the tourist

>8.  Name the band/track from this lyric "Too much Montechristo No 4 -
>Pass  The Ventolin, I need some more"  (1)
>9.  Name 5 Welsh bands who have had top 40 hits in the last year.  (5)

manics,super furry animals,gorkys zygotic mynci,catatonia,60 ft dolls
>10.  A Brimful Of Asha on the WHAT?  (1)
>11.  Name Embrace's debut single and record label it appeared on.  (2)
 Fireworks

>12.  Name any three singles which have been re-released under different
>mixes.   (3)
candle in the wind,europe is our playground,she said
>13.  Who, if we take everything he says literally, does Thom Yorke want
>be?  (1)

a crab

>14.  Complete the sequence...
> I?CP?WSHIWMB?MSRSCPNP?CCO?NINCAMGIFC   (10)
>15.  Name the only duo to have two top 40 mid-price LPs in 1997.   (2)
everything but the girl

>16.  "That worm-pie you made me, you made me eat from the butchers" : By
>whom, and what is it?   (2)
marylin manson? wormboy or something?

>17.  "I stole his shoes and ran away trying jolly hard to see if we
>could
>catch him round the bend" : Again - artist and track please.   (2)

Menswear 'I'll Manage Somehow'

>18.  Gene's debut single only half appears on the debut album.  How and
>what
>is it?   (2)
>19.  What year was Babies by Pulp released?   (2)
1994

>20.  So Make Sure That she's old enough, before.... What?   (1)

YOU BLOW YOUR MIND!

>It's out of 50 - so just try your best.
>
>thank you for your time pop pickers :)
>I'M GOING NOW BYE!!!!!!!