Sinister: pop quiz / Albert Hall

Steve Genge steve at xxx.uk
Sun Jan 11 22:09:02 GMT 1998

> > 15.  Name the only duo to have two top 40 mid-price LPs in 1997.   (2)
> > RADIOHEAD  WITH PABLO HONEY AND THE BENDS
>
> Since when have Radiohead been a duo?

Good point, Um maybe it's Cannon & Ball with "Rock on Tommy" volumes
1&2?  Or the Chuckle Brothers who quite frankly scare me! Robson &
Jerome maybe.

> Other matters - B&S at the Albert Hall. Apparently it holds 3000, so in a
> few months tims they  could sell it out. As for being stuck in a seat
> between two people you can't have a decent conversation with, firstly I
> think you can stand downstairs, and also it wiould probably be possible to
> sell unreserved tickets in each area of the hall, so you could sit next to
> who you liked. This is always a problem at seated gigs; how was it done at
> the Union Chapel?

I'm sure they could fill it now, tell the strange goth people that
keeep on cropping up on the irc that Belle & Sebastian are gonna
recreate the final show of the classic Sisters Of Mercy line up &
it'll sell out in no time.  Flood the place in dry ice which will also
obscure the band while they swop instruments etc & at the same time
the goth people will be able to enlighten us with hair crimping tips &
how to build those human pyramids while the band plays.

Hmmm maybe I know too much about this.....

> Oh, and Rialto's new single went ibnto the charts at 20, and apparently
> the album is due in March.

Saw them on the chart show, is the singer person Brett Andersons
bigger nosed brother?

steve

"Have you noticed the people who shout the loudest, always have the
least to say?"