Sinister: Northern Soul

D.J. Frazer djf9 at xxx.uk
Tue Jan 13 11:10:57 GMT 1998

Ive just read a message from someone saying they would like to know more about
Northern Soul and a reply all about The Verve!?-Didn't think the two were relate
d apart from an LP title.

Um...I don't know much about Northern Soul but I do have a double CD called
'Soul Survivors - 40 Northern Soul Anthems' which is absolutely brilliant and is
packed with classics like Wade in the Water by Marlena Shaw, Sweet Soul
Music by Arthur Conley and Go Go Power by Sugar Pie de Santo. It is in a yellow
case and is linked to the Soul Survivors book which came out in '97. I think its
on Telstar. Ive not really taken my appreciation of Northern Soul beyond this
but I have seen a website with tempting looking rarity compilations for sale-I
think the company was called Soul-a-go-go records.

Hope this is of some help,

Daniel.