Sinister: Pearlfishers

Stip / Blue Music Stip at xxx.uk
Tue Jan 13 12:47:33 GMT 1998

Matt Locke <matt at impressions-gallery.com> writes

>>By the way, does anyone know anything about the Pearlfishers? The review =
>>I read from TweeKitten sounded fabulous! Classic acoustic pop?
>
>Ahhh! the pearlfishers!!!

>When I lived in Glaosgow I used to work at a
>restaurant on the Dumbarton Road  One of my co-chefs was a woman called rachel who went
>out with, and later married (at the people's palace) mil from the pearlfishers
>(His full name is serbian and i can't remeber the spelling.)

Mil Stricevic, I think his name was. Ooh, those cheekbones. Ooh, that
sultry brow. Ooh, those excrutiatingly tight jeans... a strapping lad if
ever I saw one. The worst of it is that I'm lead to believe that he's no
longer part of said entourage.

>I don't remeber much about the band except that at the time thay seemed a bit
>'rocktastic' (ie more deacon blue than B&S)

They did release a couple of 'rocktastic' as you say, singles - Sacred,
and 'Hurt', and they were prone to playing with Deacon Blue in the early
90's, not that I'm complaining. They even shared electric guitars at one
gig if my memory serves me right. Before then, however, they released a
lovely little acoustic tape called 'woodenwire', so they didn't just
contrive to rawk.

I think Davie Scott is a very underrated songwriter - their debut album,
Za Za's Garden had some wonderful moments, and they're now enjoying
European interest with their new album. I believe Sony Germany are also
taking good care of them.

In a bleak attempt at some B&S connection, Davy and some Pearlfishers
were last seen performing at the Serge Gainsbourg tributes in Glasgow
and Stirling, also featuring some Belles and Sebastians

> and mil had a tendency to show off
>his bum in tight jeans....

Ah, Mil, Mil... So he's married now is he? Crushed, I am.

I'm off to skulk for a few weeks again.

Love Nicola x

PS - Does everyone in Glasgow get married at the People's Palace?
     I don't recommend it in July.
--
Nicola M
Stip / Blue Music