Sinister: B&S Dreams

Nicole Elger nicolina at xxx.com
Tue Jan 13 18:15:14 GMT 1998

I could be dreaming .. oh wait, I WAS dreaming! I overslept this morning,
after a B&S dream. In the dream there was some radio call-in contest and
the prize was a bag full of B&S merchandise (records, the ink polaroid
books, shirts, etc.) The part I was most excited about was that the
records included the new, unreleased songs (i know, that doesn't make
sense!) that I haven't heard, stuck here in the U.S. :-(

SO here's the weird bit: to win the prize I had to answer 12 questions
about .. not pop music, but POTATOES!!! Anyone who can figure that out
(no, i hadn't had potatoes for dinner) gets to be the happy bunny of the
day (Honey Honey Paul Dorothy Belle Sebastian ChooChoo Chile Mitchell will
crown you, to make it official.)

After I won the prize the dream turned into one of those cliche
run-from-the-bad-guys scenes and just when we were about to escape with
squealing tires .. my cat woke me up demanding his breakfast. I looked
around under the covers for my prize but it was nowhere to be found. :-(
THis wasn't the first time I've had a B&S dream, but the others have
always just been that someone tells me that the band is coming here
(Seattle) and then .. I wake up.  Boo. ("life is never dull in your dreams
/ A pity that it never seems to work the way you see it ..")

Hey, I think someone mentioned the Puncture article on B&S written by
Jenny Toomey of Tsunami. It's too long (5 pages) to post here, but it is
the most in-depth and interesting read on B&S that I've ever found. She
goes beyond mentioning that B&S are the VU of our time, and spends 6 long
paragraphs exploring the connection, as she sees it. If any of you doing
the B&S web sites wants a copy to put on the web I could snail mail it to
you. (Note to D&K: Toomey refers to you as "the ultra-cool UK indie
Jeepster" so add that to your compliment file.)

OK, i've rambled enough, back to this pseudo-working thing now .. until
the next Sinister digest arrives.

- Dreaming Nicole

------ nicolina at drizzle.com -------