Sinister: Yes sir, I can boogie

Tag mctag at xxx.com
Tue Jan 13 22:37:47 GMT 1998

Hello,

I'm on the digest now so I get to reply all in one go.

>>The question about the only duo with two mid-priced LPs in 97

Ant and Dec?  Peters and Lee.  Cannon and Ball.  No, I've got it - it
was Baccara.  They were great.

>If I was in anyone's way, may i also apologise. I was only there on the
>saturday night but both me and my twin brother (we have a combined height of
>13ft 6ins) may have got in some poor folks way. I'm sorry.

Personally, I wasn't in *anyone's* way.  I am a midget.  Moreover, I
have very small feet.

> Have you seen 'Kissed'? It reminds you of heavenly creatures at the start,
>a bit, beautiful only slightly mental.

Kelly, how come you get to see all the great films?  'Heavenly
Creatures' ruled like a badass though.  Better than poxy 'Small Faces'
any day.

>OK - very hastily - photos of Isobel, sorry, B&S

Perve.  Bet she's wearing school uniform.  You people make me sick.

>Hopefully Jeepster will release a Baywatch style
>semi-nude calendar of the band soon.

Double perve.

Now this one is my favourite...

>Having heard what bands listees "get off on" I'd be interested to hear
>what bands listees had "got of WITH"

You little voyeur.  Nice boys never kiss and tell.

>or "got off TO".

I find Einsturzende Neubauten always goes down well with the Laydeez.

>Or when going on long train journeys is there one band that always coincides
>with your destination, i.e. music you can get off AT...

Getting a little bit contrived now...

>Hmmm... I'm afraid this point doesn't seem to make much sense. If a CD
>player reads a single circuit on a CD and the sum of all the bits on that
>circuit doesn't match the checksum stored at the end of that circuit then it
>will skip. All oversampling CD players do is attempt to read the circuit x
>number of times in an attempt to get it correct before actually playing it,
>they will also skip if unable to match the checksum. Either a CD will skip,
>or it'll sound exactly the same as it did when initially recorded, in the
>same way that if you take a binary computer program and splat a few zeroes
>into the middle of the file, it's not likely to make the program just
>slightly worse, just completely and untterly shaft it. I don't know where
>this sort of stuff comes from, but there was an article a few years ago that
>stated that should you keep your CD's in a fridge, they'd sound better!

Is Keith on crack or something?  This isn't even in English.

They smeared jam on them on 'Tomorrow's World'.

>Just a little note to say that some of us are meeting at 8 o'clock
>(p.m.) on Thursday at the Good Mixer, so anyone who fancies meeting up
>for a drink and/or going to see Libido afterwards (Norwegian group -
>I've never heard them, but Elisabeth Z speaks highly) should be there
>then.

This Tag guy is a prick, I hate him.

>what has everyone got against me???

Poor Northy.  All together now.....aaah.

>Who is Bert Jansch?

Thank you Peter.  I didn't like show my ignornace by asking.  I think
he's made up.

>Pressed CD: Total Harmonic Distortion 65db, S/N ratio 82 dB
>
>Recordable CD: THD 55dB, S/N 80dB
>
>Recordable CDs follow a different recording algorithm called Absolute Time
>in Pre-groove (ATIP)
>which uses a lower quality recording known as 1 time over sampling, normal
>audio
> CDs use 4 time oversampling. (note it is the RECORDING that is noisier!).
>
>And this would be from a perfect digital information source, add onto the
>above, the sampling noise
>(I have a AWE64 for instance, not nearly professional level) and you have
>something that it pretty
> much matching an average tape dub.

Oh God, Keith, what have you started - now, they're all at it.

>Oh and I only have one Bert Janch CD (the compilation on Demon) which I
>will not copy on CD or tape as I just wouldn't sleep an nights if I did so

He doesn't exist, I tell you.  It's all make believe.  You've all gone
quite mad.

Incidentally Lynn from Vinyl Exchange was very disappointed that she
didn't see enough of Stuart's nice trousers.  Curvaceous brunette Lynn
(20-something) also confessed said she'd rather see them on her
bedroom floor.  Her boyfriend (who cannot be named in case JOHN
McCREADY loses his house credentials) was unavailable for comment.

The band read this?  Oi Murdoch - my mate fancies you.

Woooohoooo....'Fargo's on Sky!

Love you each and every one especially Northy

Tag xxxx

Miss Hoover, my face is on fire