Sinister: Troutfishing in Chorlton Cum Hardy

Tag mctag at xxx.com
Wed Jan 14 11:33:00 GMT 1998

Jeez,

What's going on?  I'm now getting as many digests as I was getting
mails two weeks ago.  Don't you people ever sleep?

Jessica wrote

>I read in an old Seventeen magazine about some guy in the USA who changed
>his name to Trout Fishing In America, because he loved Richard Brautigan's
>stuff.  And he changed it just in time for it to appear on his highschool
>diploma.  His friends call him Trout.

Yes!  Yes!  Richard Brautigan rules!  Go and read 'Tokyo-Montana
Express' and then tell me I'm wrong.

Yaz wrote

>Following Tag's repeated request for us all to make love in London,

Repeated?  I only said it once.  Are you calling me boring?  I'm a
pale and interesting redhead, so go tell that to your so called
Plastic Population.

Mark wrote

>You bastard, I saw Radiohead years ago when they were called 'On A Friday'
>and they used to play the Arse & Ferret in Oxford on the last Friday on the
>month. I've bought all their records on the day they came out and I hate it
>when 'new' fans like you try to steal my glory. Radiohead belong to me -
>not you!

Please stop reading the so-called funny pages in the music press
because they make you sound like Steve Lamacq.

Northy wrote

>1.  Bought Vanishing Point - Primal Scream.  It was shite.  Took it
>back to Woolworths and said it was the wrong album.  No questions
>asked and I was fully refunded with CASH.
>
>2.  Bought Joy Division album after hearing great things about them.
>It was shit.  Took it back to HMV and said it was the wrong album.
>Got HMV tokens to the full price of album.  These helpfully
>contributed to the purchase of my brother in laws christmas present.

He's really blown it now, hasn't he?

>Imagine if God was on wheels?  Or if he was just a dog?

Northy's world is a strange and troubled one.

>bye from the now accepted Northy (ta Tag!)

You know you can push your luck too far, Sonny.

Sam wrote

>I'm familiar with some UK expressions, but what does the term 'licking
>railings' in LLPJ mean?

It's a euphemism for felching.  It's obvious.

>Has anyone heard the scoop on Guy's (ex-House of Love) new solo album
>due out in a few weeks?

Ah, Guy Chadwick.  Who can forget his lyrical insights 'I slip through
sand just like water and sand', 'it feels like summer, gosh my skin's
so itchy' (that one was about Hiroshima, believe it or not), 'and now
I know why I love my wife'.  What a poet, what an artist, what a
prick.

Talking of poets, did anyone read about Jim Morisson being a habitual
bed wetter - I haven't laughed so much since the 'Come to Daddy'
video.

Peter wrote

>Then she is a fibber and a pooh face!

Peter Miller is in his late twenties.

>There was some other stuff but it was about Duke being undercover at the
>Manchester gigs, so I can't repeat it here or he might find out that we're
>all really disappointed that he didn't meet his public. Perhaps next time,
>eh Duke?

I gather that the Duke was too busy 'nibbling on Stuart Murdoch's
vegetable burrito'.  For the benefit of our American friends, this is
also a euphemism.

Love to all,
Trout Sebastian McTaggart

Miss Hoover, my face is on fire