Sinister: a shit-eating indie-schmindie sheep writes...

stephen troussé poetryplace2 at xxx.uk
Wed Jan 14 13:53:08 GMT 1998

More stuff:

1	Ahhh.. the old 'licking railings' conundrum raises its head once more. I
always thought it was something to do with 'Irn Bru' which our scottish
brethren persist in insisting is made from 'girders'... If you're going to
_drink_ bits of metal, what harm can a quick lick do?

2	On University Challenge last night, Jeremy Paxman told us that Saint Lucy
is always depicted carrying a plate of eyeballs. Can her earthly
representative, Tag, confirm this?

3	Guy Chadwick - what a tosser pt4: "It's going to be a long hot
summer/gonna stay in gonna be a bummer"

4	I think a B&Smobile is a  fantastic idea... they could drive around like
those crazy kids in the new Levis ads. Incidentally, I've discovered that
the song from that ad is by The Lilys... is the album worth buying, anyone?

5	Following on from Andy's recommendation of the Iain Banks radio play, did
you know that BBC Scotland are screening an adaptation of Alan Warner's
"Morvern Callar" this year? If anybody hasn't already read this book, I
urge them to buy it now. It's like Catcher in the Rye crossed with, um, an
Arab Strap song. Steer clear of  the follow-up, "These Demented Lands",
however. Because it's crap.

6	I'm grateful to everybody for all the Northern Soul info. How
educational! We ought to get some kind of Arts Council grant...

7	S Wells wrote: "This ever-so-slappable crowd of shit-eating
indie-schmindie sheep ". Whaddya say we all pop round to Kings Reach Tower
and do some slapping of our own, eh gang?